Lean Green Services have significant project management experience in Business Change projects for leading blue chip companies in Ireland that can benefit your companies needs.
Since October 2017, Derek provides professional services to Apple Distribution International helping the EMEIA Order to Cash finance team to improve their processes and identify improvements that can be made along the customer journey. Cascading the experiencing gained working for a large multinational in the IT and software industry will be invaluable to all Irish Rural Business looking to benchmark best practice at the highest level.
From June 2015- Dec 2016 Derek provided professional services to Laya Healthcare specializing in the strategic application of lean principles and providing a hands approach to instigate positive change for the customer service, Finance and Claims teams.
Costs & Sustainability
From 2010 – 2015 Derek successfully developed and rolled out a cost & sustainability strategy for 800 small businesses in the retail sector for the Musgrave Group. The strategy achieved significant results including a reduction in fit out costs of 39% and reduction in energy consumption of 30% for the independent SME retailers with combined savings of €27m over 6 years. The sustainability road map achieves over €4m pa annual savings in energy costs and won a National Award with SEAI. He is hands on in his approach with Rural Business placing great emphasis on continuous improvement training to instigate positive change for the retail owners and managers and teaching them how to compete against their multinational competitors.
Other Training & Consultancy client projects relevant to Business Transformational Change:
- Developed a learning and development programme for Laya Healthcare and successfully applied to the IDA to fund all training needs identified for the next 3 years.
- Completed lean reviews of the corporate sales process, complaints & query management process for a Laya Healthcare achieving efficiencies of between 15 -45%.
- Provide change management services to consolidate and centralize the finance function for the Musgrave Group
- Provide construction project management services for the Musgrave Group for the design, construction & fit out of office space for 160 people.
- Provide project management and process improvement services to EMEIA Order to Cash Finance Team for Apple Distribution Ireland
Track Record as Continuous Improvement Project Manager for the Musgrave Group Includes:
- Supporting the development of the Musgrave CI road map to deliver a “Better, Simpler, Faster and Cheaper” way of working across for the Musgrave Group.
- Rolled out and embed the Musgrave Continuous Improvement program in the Musgrave Wholesale Partners division including 10 regional wholesale branches.
- Responsible for end to end process reviews for the Promotions, Range, Stock Management and Labour Roster Musgrave core processes
- Conducted audits across the division to benchmark performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Built CI capability across the business functions by training all employees on site and developing departmental champions to oversee departmental continuous improvement projects.
- Delivered target benefits for key projects around Stock Loss, Customer Profitability and Kaizen.
Achievements across the Musgrave Group includes:
- Delivered CI projects that achieved €1.8m cost and margin benefits over 3 years.
- Ensured the delivery of approx. 35 projects.
- Completed Continuous Improvement Audits of all departments in Musgrave Wholesale Partners.
- Trained 180 colleagues in Continuous Improvement Methodology.
- Set up a CI structure/governance across the 7 Musgrave Wholesale branches.